ITWomen CIO Celebrity Poker Tournament & Casino Night
Save the Date: November 21, 2013
The ITWomen CIO Celebrity Poker Tournament & Casino Night is one of the most popular charitable events in the IT community in South Florida. To date, ITWomen has raised over $320,000 for scholarships for outstanding and deserving young women. Thank you to all who contributed to the 2012 fundraiser
ITWomen's annual scholarship fundraiser takes place in November at the Sheraton Airport and Cruise Port Hotel, Fort Lauderdale. The goal is to raise scholarship money to be awarded to high school graduating women in South Florida who are pursuing careers in technology and engineering. Scholarship proceeds go to the 501(c)3 ITWomen Charitable Foundation.
THE EVENING PROGRAM
5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Pre-Tournament VIP Reception sponsored by the CIO Executive Council.
- Mojito Station donated by Bacardi US.
- Opening acknowledgements - special recognition: ITWomen president Victoria Usherenko.
6:30 till 9:30 ??
- Buffet dinner - gourmet variety of cuisines throughout the evening.
- Dessert stations throughout the evening.
- Cash bar
- Live music & DJ entertainment.
- Poker Tournament played until a grand prize winner emerges. Typically, five CIOs will be seated with five scholarship donor players at each of the four tournament tables.
- Casino floor games. Attendees are given a starter voucher and can purchase additional tickets to play casino-like games such as Blackjack or roulette for various prizes, while others prefer to watch the Tournament to see who is left at the tables at the end of the evening.
- Prizes awarded to top Tournament and Casino winners.
There are four ways to gain admission to the ITWomen CIO Celebrity Poker Tournament & Casino Night:
- Tournament player
- Invited CIO .
- Invited CIO team member
Sponsors are the heart of our fundraiser, making scholarships possible for our outstanding young women. Sponsors receive a certain number of admission tickets depending on their sponsorship level. The four levels of sponsors are:
- Terabyte $5000
- Gigabyte $3000
- Megabyte $1500
- VIP Patron $750
Click here to view sponsorship benefits.
The Tournament Players
A seat at the tournament tables is gained through a $2500 scholarship donation. Tournament players provide the excitement of the tournament, vying with each other and the CIOs in Texas Hold'em Poker games. Tournament scholarship donors play to win a grand prize for an NCL cruise and other luxury prizes. If an invited CIO wins first place in the tournament, a scholarship is named in his or her honor. Typically, five CIOs play alongside 5 Scholarship Tournament Players at each of four tables.
The CIOs invited to play in the ITWomen CIO Invitational Tournament play a starring role as the "Celebrities" of the fundraiser. They represent a variety of industries and staffing. The opportunity to meet the CIOs is one of the draws for many of our corporate sponsors and scholarship donors, including educators, recruiters, and vendors. The majority of the invited CIOs are based locally, but some fly in from out-of-state to support the ITWomen scholarship program. The CIOs' companies (not their individual names) are promoted publicly in newsletters, sponsor invitations, websites and social media throughout the weeks leading up to the event. .
The CIO Support Teams
Some CIOs like to make the evening a team building event and invite staff (and/or spouses) to enjoy the casino night and cheer them on in the tournament.The ITWomen fundraiser is closed to general admission, but we make this option available to our invited CIOs for $100 per person ($1000 per table).
Contact Victoria Usherenko, ITWomen president, (305) 936-9091 for sponsorship opportunities.